Monday, March 8, 2010

Official Statement of PPDD: Light School Project

09, March 2010

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Greetings!

I hope all of you are well upon receiving this. I would like to inform everyone that as of February 5, 2010, as the outcome of the meeting with people directly involved with Light School: “Alternative School for Marginalized, Displaced and Illegal Migrant Children at the Thai-Burma Border –Maesot” namely the community surrounding the school, the teachers and Peoples Partner for Development and Democracy (PPDD) represented by myself, as a final decision, and as the result of all the discussions that took place in all issues vis-à-vis Light School Project and because of the interest itself of the teachers and the committee of the school to handle and to take care over the whole operations of Light School and the school as a whole by themselves, PPDD decided to donate the school to the kids, to the students of Light School who are the direct beneficiaries of the project and the very reason why the project has been put up and implemented in the very first place.

On this note, I would like to inform everyone that this is official as far as my organization is concern. We in PPDD on whatever grounds since February 5, 2010 are not anymore in whatsoever way connected or associated to the school and are not responsible for the school. As an organization, we already turned over the school to the people concern as mentioned above. We hope that this clear to everyone.

On behalf of PPDD I wish the people who took over the school good luck and I also personally hope that they will take care of the school and develop it far more than what my organization and I have done. Just to express my personal sentiment, personally, I invested my time and to a greater extent my personal resources for the school and even I sacrifice four (4) years of my life working for my organization without remuneration, totally and purely work in a voluntary basis and I never expected anything in return because I want to see the students of Light School be given the best possible education and school facilities that they can have. The work of my organization and myself speaks for itself. Light School, I am proud to say is one of the few migrant schools in Maesot that is well developed to a great extent. I, personally hope that the people running the school at the moment will maintain the school this way and will far improve the school and pursue the vision of the project and that is to give quality education to the students of Light School and take care of their welfare.

To those who have been instrumental and has been very supportive of Light School in different ways, I would like to express my deepest and most sincere gratitude and thanks to all of you. I through PPDD will never have done a good job with Light School without your support and encouragement. Thank you and I will always remember your kindness.

To everyone, I wish you all good luck in your endeavors. I wish you all the best in life and work. My apology as well for the late release of this official statement, I was kind of pre-occupied with lots of things and we waited for the right moment to release this official statement as well which is this month.

I will be keeping you all posted of the work of the organization and what its new initiatives and projects

Thank you again. Good day to all.


Sincerely yours,
Anna
------------
Anna Malindog
Founder/Executive Director
Peoples Partner for Development and Democracy (PPDD)

No comments: