Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our heartfelt thanks…

In behalf of the staff and the whole organization, and in my capacity being the Executive Director of PPDD and personally, I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to Oliver for all the help, support and his valuable service extended to Light School. Oliver is a German friend of Light School and the brother of the Director of Light School - Florian. He worked with the school for over two months. He managed the construction projects at the school and he himself actually did some construction work while directing and guiding the local carpenters. He was such a great help and a genuine person with a heart for people especially for the children. It was both an honor and my pleasure to have met him and to have him with us even for a short period of time. Without any doubt, we will never forget him and the kindness he extended to the kids at the school and to the school as a whole. He will always be remembered as the smiley, hardworking, easy going, funny and gentle German friend of Light School who will always be loved and cherished by all the kids and staff of school and by all of us.

To you Oliver, I personally thank you and in my own humble ways I want to say that I admire your dedication and the commitment in helping the kids and the school without expecting anything in return at all and without any agenda – a character I might say I always admire in just few people I have met in this world. I would never expect that I can return the favor you have extended to the school, and I don’t want to do so because if I would try to return whatever you have done for the school in whatever ways, then everything you have done for the school will lost its meanings and depth. Though you stayed and worked with us shortly, without your knowing, you showed and give the people at Light School a perspective that people from other parts of the world, far from where they are and far from the circumstances they actually have can genuinely empathize and can show true kindness and extend genuine concern to them and this thought is priceless and more lasting than any other thing in this world. With this, I say thank you for being such an inspiration to the people of Light School and even to me. We wish you all the best in life and hopefully we will see you in the near future. We will never forget your kindness!

We would like also to say thank you to Misu Na, our Korean volunteer who worked with us for almost 10 months. She taught the kindergarten pupils at Light School. Aside from teaching, she also helped PPDD and the school in many ways. We especially want to thank her for the personal funds she extended for the construction of the play ground. We would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to May 18 Foundation – a partner organization which is the mother organization of Misu for giving us the opportunity to have Misu as an intern in PPDD. To Misu and to May 18 Foundation, thank you for all the help and support.

Yours sincerely,
Anna Malindog
Founder/Executive Director
Peoples Partner for Development and Democracy (PPDD)

No comments: