Friday, March 14, 2008

Welcome New Staff: Manila, Training Coordinator and Fundraiser

Dale Bromley

Training Coordinator and

Fundraising Co-coordinator

PPDD Maesot, Thailand Office

My name is Dale Bromley. I am 25 years of age from Adelaide, South Australia. From a young age I have always been curious as to what lay beyond our shores. My journey to date has seen me through Latin America, Western Europe and parts of Asia where I have dabbled in volunteer work, studied various cultures, language and their political history etc. I am currently working in Mae Sot, Thailand with PPDD. This is my second time here on the Thai-Burma border, I am completely taken with the current political, ethnic status of Myanmar and I am thus here to put in my efforts/knowledge into what I hope will see these children, their families, communities and their teachers have the chance to grow a life that I feel all should be entitled to.

My main objective over the coming year will be to train the teachers and the parents in community development and human rights, and to fundraise for PPDD’s various projects that spread through South East Asia. With the help of Anna, Win, our other PPDD staff and many member organizations I trust that we can grow this vision, continue to raise the benchmark for all the less fortunate. My previous studies/positions over recent years have included landscaping, hospitality, sports massage, anatomy and physiology and some other holistic approaches to health, well being…

There is absolutely paramount to be learnt from these people. I am more than excited about my coming year here with PPDD and I am certain that my services shall be received with open arms just as I will embrace my learning’s and experiences.

No comments: